Welcome to Trip Builder
Ready to plan your Lake Norman trip? You've come to the right place. Whether you like your days action-packed or leisurely, you'll find it easy to plan your days in Lake Norman to get the most out of your Lake Norman vacation.
The Trip Builder has four easy steps:
- NAME YOUR TRIP: Create a new trip or select a saved trip.
- ADD ITEMS: Add locations and events you plan to visit while on your trip.
- PLAN DAYS: Plan each day of your trip by putting the locations and events in the order you plan to visit them.
- VIEW & SHARE: All of your trip details can be viewed and shared, including maps and driving directions.
Create A Trip
What is the Trip Builder?
Trip Builder assists visitors in planning custom vacations to Lake Norman and the surrounding area. The unique attractions, exciting activities, fantastic dining, and convenient lodging found on this site can be added to your trip as you browse or as you plan your trip.
How do I use the Trip Builder?
It's easy! After you create and name your trip, you can select items based on trip theme or from throughout the site. With items selected you can plan your days by dragging and dropping items onto each of the trip days.
But, it doesn't stop there! After you have created an account and signed in you can create, save, and share multiple trips with custom themes and day plans until you find the perfect plan for your Lake Norman trip. While you are signed in, maps and driving directions on your Trip Builder Summary give you a complete trip plan to use while you are here.
Why should I sign up?
When you sign up for a Lake Norman Trip Builder account you get access to:
- save your trip
- view trip details including maps & driving directions
- email trip details to friends (or yourself)
- create multiple trip plans
What are Trip Themes?
To help you plan the perfect trip to Lake Norman, we've categorized visitor attractions, destinations, lodging, dining, etc. into 9 categories that help you focus on businesses and locations that are tailored to your vacation design.
- Arts & Culture
- History & Heritage
- Recreation, Outdoors & Lake Activities
- Family Fun & Learning Adventures
- Shopping, Spas & Wellness
- Where the Locals Go
- Entertainment & Nightlife
- For Race Fans
If your perfect vacation doesn't fit into a theme, don't worry, you can start with the theme that fits best and then add items from throughout the site. Or, start with our "custom theme" and choose from businesses and locations from all of the themes.
How do I access my Trip Builder details?
To access the Trip Builder Details, including maps and driving directions, all you have to do is sign in. Once you are signed in you can view details for the entire trip or individual days from the Day Planner. If you're not signed up yet, it's easy and FREE!