The Visit Lake Norman internship is tailored toward that student and their career path. The events and Visit Lake Norman's goals and projects also shape the intern experience. Our internship is very hands-on and the intern has an opportunity to network with area professionals in marketing, parks, recreation, tourism, event planners, and event naming rights holders. This is an unpaid position, however the opportunity can be tremendous with excellent networking exposure.
Visit Lake Norman current has three (3) Internship opportunities available:
General Marketing - Visit Lake Norman can provide experience and exposure in public relations, marketing/sales, event planning, Lake Norman area attractions, hotels, restaurants, and businesses related with the travel and tourism industry. The work experience is tailored to the student's career interest and focuses on building the student's portfolio and skills.
Sports Marketing - The Lake Norman area attracts amateur sports participants from around the world and national and regional sporting tournaments. This experience includes working with sport naming rights holders, local event organizing committees, parks & recreation coordination, site visits, and various professional networking opportunities. Successful students will finish with great references and career/job experience.
Graphic Design - The Graphic Design internship lets you explore design aesthetics tailored to the marketing world of digital, media, print marketing and branding. Knowledge of the Lake Norman area attractions, lodging, dining and services are useful for VLN brand awareness as well as collateral and design development. You will leave with items to build the professional portfolio and career/job experience.
Download Printable (MS Word) ApplicationVisit Lake Norman internship/co-op positions year-round. College students may start their experience based on schedule and University requirements. Application information for consideration is as follows:
- Must be a currently enrolled student during the internship
- Must be in good academic standing
- Must possess good organizational skills
- Must have strong oral and written communication skills
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word and PowerPoint (other office suite software a plus), for summer marketing Internships Adobe Illustrator and In Design preferred
- Knowledge of the Lake Norman area is helpful
These positions will assist the Visit Lake Norman staff with promotional ideas, research, public relations and event coordination for the Lake Norman area. Interns are required to serve as a Visitor Center representative as needed to welcome the public when theyarrive at the Visitor Center for information, as well as perform administrative duties as needed.
- Minimum of 10 hrs per week
- Flexible scheduling based on student's course load and schedule (between 8:30 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday- Friday, weekend or evening events possible)
- This is an unpaid position, however possible incentives are available
Please submit your cover letter, resume, and completed application to:
Visit Lake Norman
19900 West Catawba Avenue, Suite 102
Cornelius, North Carolina 28031
(704) 987-3300 (phone) | (704) 892-5313 (fax)
or email to Cyndi Bartley at email@example.com