Who are we? Visit Lake Norman (VLN) is a partnership organization that promotes its partners to leisure and business travelers, sports groups, meeting planners and more. VLN partners consist of local industry businesses ranging from attractions, hotels and transportation services to restaurants, shops and event venues. VLN's hospitality partner program is designed to assist in marketing Cornelius, Davidson and Huntersville hospitality industry businesses to visitor's planning to visit the Lake Norman region.
Mission: VLN is a non-profit organization dedicated to greatly impacting our local and regional economies through tourism. We are committed to generating economic benefits for our towns of Cornelius, Davidson, and Huntersville by bringing national and regional events to the area and by marketing our destination to the broadest base of potential visitors possible.
Organization Vision: VLN is the destination marketing leader of the Lake Norman region, representing all communities through the promotion and development of our resources for the maximum economic benefit of our towns, businesses, and residents.
• Website placement. VLN's website generated over 850,000 page views in 2015, while website exposure and listing click through's drive traffic to local businesses and educate visitors when planning a trip to Lake Norman. Your business will have a complimentary listing on the website. Also, the most highly visited website page is the Calendar of Events, which is a great visitor planning resource page. You also have the opportunity to submit your own event to be placed on the calendar. Please visit our website for more information and to check your listing accuracy. www.visitlakenorman.org
• Social media exposure & referrals. VLN's social platforms have been great resources for exposing visitors to partners and events, and area information. VLN's social followings continue to show significant growth each year. The visitor center is located conveniently off of I-77, so if guests arrive for the weekend, relocate to the area or are already locals, our trained and knowledgeable ambassadors provide the proper resources and referrals based on visitor inquiries Monday-Friday 9am-5pm. Visitor Center address: 19900 W. Catawba Ave. Cornelius, NC 28031
• Groups/media/tour opportunities. VLN promotes the lake area as a destination for multiple purposes. This includes hosting FAM tours to motor coach operators, recruiting for sports tournament and association meetings along with our two largest markets, sports and weddings. When called upon for assisting with tours or other prospective opportunities, it is encouraged to be involved when showcasing your business for continued exposure and education.
• Advertising and annual publications. VLN's Official Visitor's Guide is the primary collateral piece for visitor inquiries and is placed in NC welcome centers, regional visitor centers and the Charlotte- Douglas International Airport. Published annually, the guide offers advertising opportunities for our partners along with trade value for featured website listings. Along with the Official Visitor's Guide, VLN has additional advertising opportunities on the website.
• Staying informed. As an industry partner, you will be able to stay connected with Visit Lake Norman via monthly newsletters. As we refer to businesses every day via visitor center walk ins and calls, we'd like for you to reach out with any listing or business updates so we are always providing correct information. Along with the newsletters, you can view the most visited website pages, the calendar of events page which receives almost 65,000 clicks per year and growing. There, you will see all of the upcoming and past events in the area.
• Events. Continued exposure via VLN's Annual Hospitality Awards and other event opportunities. Partners are encouraged to submit their nominations for awards that recognize the very best employees and businesses in Lake Norman's hospitality industry. VLN also sets up information booths at annual events to provide additional visitor resources. Throughout the year, VLN also holds hospitality meetings and ambassador luncheons. Restaurants can donate food or gift cards for these events and receive recognition. Restaurant gift cards are useful for the numerous travel packages VLN donates to events, charity initiatives, conferences, etc. For example, every year VLN donates an 'Experience Lake Norman' basket for the Visit NC 365 Conference along with other destinations across the state.
• Visitor Center. Your business has the opportunity to display any marketing materials in our visitor center. This gives VLN ambassadors opportunities to distribute and refer to visitors throughout the year.
Interested in becoming a partner? Please fill out the Contact Us form located here and a member of our staff will respond with more information.