Visitor Center Ambassadors
Visit Lake Norman is seeking energetic, friendly, dependable volunteers. If you are people-oriented and interested in a fast-paced way to give back as an Ambassador to the community, the Visit Lake Norman Visitor Center is the place for you!
"Our ambassadors and volunteers are such a critical part of the Visit Lake Norman staff. They act as the front-line to our most vital audience-the visitor." -Sally Ashworth, Executive Director of Visit Lake Norman
Ambassadors and Volunteers will learn more about the Lake Norman region while assisting visitors and callers in finding the resources or information they seek. Duties also include greeting guests, helping with front desk responsibilities, administrative tasks, and helping maintain inventory. In appreciation for such valuable service, volunteers are eligible to receive incentives which may include gift certificates to area restaurants and attractions, sponsored outings, snacks while on shift, and meeting great people from around the world.
For the Visitor Center - we ask that you commit to a regular schedule and serve one shift a week. Shifts may be based on availability and are Monday through Friday 9:00 am - 1:00 pm or 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm.
We are looking for great people who "fit" with our organization and mission statement. Ambassadors and Volunteers must complete a screening process which includes an application, interview, and on-the-job trial period. If interested, download a volunteer application and/or call Visit Lake Norman at (704) 987-3300.
Roles of VLN Ambassadors:
- Operate the Visitor Center
- Greet visitors and track statistical information
- Maintain the brochure inventory from local and state-wide locations. Includes contact with other tourism destinations and tourism-related venues for brochures
- Prepared collateral mailings for North Carolina Welcome Center, and other tourism destinations requesting information
- Compile and prepare mailing for visitors information inquires
- Prepare event information packets/swag bags
- Information table/booth outreach at events such as Carolina Renaissance Festival, Highland Games, Dragon Boat Festival, Warrior Dash, Southern Spring Show, fishing tournaments, etc.
- Support staff with administrative task such as data entry, website maintenance, event calendar, research, inventory, etc.
- Attend selected events on behalf of Visit Lake Norman.