About Visit Lake Norman
Visit Lake Norman Overview:Lake Norman Convention and Visitors Bureau (dba Visit Lake Norman) is a 501(c)(6) not-for-profit authority that was incorporated with the NC General Statute S.L. 2001-402; House Bill 715 (September 6, 2001); and funding codified with the NC General Statute S.L. 2011-160; House Bill 508 (June 14, 2011) with its mission of promoting travel and tourism for the benefit of economic growth and development.
Visit Lake Norman is a non-profit organization dedicated to greatly impacting our local and regional economies through tourism. We are committed to generating economic benefits for our towns of Cornelius, Davidson, and Huntersville by bringing national and regional events to the area and by marketing our destination to the broadest base of potential visitors possible.
Visit Lake Norman is the destination marketing leader of the Lake Norman region, representing all communities through the promotion and development of our resources for the maximum economic benefit of our towns, businesses, and residents.
Lake Norman Convention and Visitors Bureau was incorporated on July 18, 2000 and served as a function of the Lake Norman Chamber of Commerce. On September 6, 2002, Visit Lake Norman (VLN) became an independent 501(c)(6) not-for-profit organization.
Oranizational Structure:The 18-Member Board of Directors provides leadership and guidance to Executive Director Sally Ashworth. The Board of Directors is comprised of business community leaders from the towns of Cornelius, Davidson, and Huntersville, including hotel representatives, restaurant/attractions representatives, and appointed elected officials.
Current Operating Budget:
- VLN is funded through the local hotel occupancy tax (28% of each town's distribution) and prepared food tax (25% of each town's distribution) per the NC General Statute S.L. 2011-160; House Bill 508 (June 14, 2011). This is a levied tax and is distributed to VLN from each of the towns of Cornelius, Davidson, and Huntersville for fulfilling its purpose of tourism marketing. The occupancy and prepared food taxes are considered "hospitality" taxes and are mandated to be utlized solely for tourism purposes.
- FY2015 Budget - $616,996.83
- 5 Full-time Employees
- 23 Ambassadors/Volunteers
- Spring, Summer & Fall Interns
Meet the Team:
- Sally Ashworth, Executive Director (email@example.com)
- Travis Dancy, Director of Sales (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Cyndi Bartley, Operations & Marketing Director (email@example.com)
- Jennie Leng, Graphic Design & Marketing Coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Ciara Waldron, Visitor Services & Content Marketing Coordinator (email@example.com)
Pictured: Visit Lake Norman Staff (Left to Right) - Travis Dancy, Ciara Waldron, Sally Ashworth, Jennie Leng, Cyndi Bartley.
For More Information - Visit Our Yelp PageProviding Leadership Across the State and In Our Towns:
- Destination Marketing Association of North Carolina, Past President (Sally Ashworth)
- North Carolina Sports Association, Executive Board (Travis Dancy)
- North Carolina Travel Industry Association (Sally Ashworth)
- North Carolina Travel & Tourism Coalition (Sally Ashworth)
- North Carolina Department of Commerce 2010 Travel & Tourism Board (Sally Ashworth)
- Hopewell High School Academy of Hospitality & Tourism, Advisory Board Co-Chair (Sally Ashworth)
- Charlotte Regional Visitors AuthorityBoard of Directors (Sally Ashworth)
- Charlotte Regional Sports Commission Board of Directors (Sally Ashworth)
- Rotary Club of North Mecklenburg (Sally Ashworth)
- Town of Cornelius PARC Advisory Board Commissioner (Travis Dancy)
- Town of Davidson - Davidson Civic Investment Commission (DCIC) (Sally Ashworth)
- Huntersville Park & Recreation Tournaments Sub-Committee (Travis Dancy)
- Lake Norman Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors (Ex-Officio) (Sally Ashworth)
- Lake Norman Regional Economic Development Commission Board of Directors (Ex-Officio) (Sally Ashworth)