Town of Davidson
ment of Davidson College which remains a vital part to the town's identity today. In 2011, Davidson was awarded its first Tree City USA designation. Davidson one of just 72 communities in North Carolina and just 3,000 nationwide to receive the award. In 2004, Davidson was a Smart Growth Award winner for Overall Excellence in town planning and design, the main street of Davidson offers a variety of shops, restaurants, wide sidewalks and a public library. Davidson is pedestrian and bicycle friendly, so take a walk around the town and enjoy Davidson's more than 12 miles of greenways and bike lanes, parks, national arboretum, and beautiful flowers throughout town.
Davidson has long been known among residents and visitors as pedestrian-friendly, in September 2011 Davidson was given official recognition for that reputation as a Walk Friendly Community - Bronze Level.
Community Links & Events:
- Town of Davidson Website
- Visit Lake Norman's Events Calendar
- Davidson Community Calendar
- Explore Davidson
- Parks & Recreation Department
- Visit Lake Norman's Sports Facility Guide - Lists Davidson's Sports Event Facilities
- Davidson Library - 119 South Main Street, 704 892-8557
Featured Travel Articles Courtesy of Visit Lake Norman:
- Davidson Featured in Southern Living (September 2011 Issue) College Town Article (2011)
- Our Town Cinemas in Davidson (2011)
- Charlotte Magazine, 10 Great Dates, featuring Davidson, collaborative (2010)
- NC Spin TV, Carolina Community featuring Lake Norman (2009)
Davidson Photo Gallery
Photos of the Davidson area are available on this page for download. Photo credit MUST read Courtesy of Visit Lake Norman. If you need a high resolution image please email Travis Dancy, Director of Sales at firstname.lastname@example.org. Purchase fee may apply. For more photos of Lake Norman's landscapes, attractions, events, and more check out Visit Lake Norman's Photo Gallery or visit us on Visit Lake Norman's Facebook page!
Town of Davidson's Visit Lake Norman (VLN) Board of Directors Representation:
Commissioner Beth Cashion
- VLN Board of Directors' town representative is appointed by the town Mayor for each Fiscal Year (July 1 - June 30), and serves a one-year term.
- Visit Lake Norman sends bi-monthly reports to the VLN Board of Director representative.
- If you have questions, please email Commissioner Beth Cashion.
Davidson Advisory Boards & Commissions with Visit Lake Norman (VLN) Representation and/or Participation:
- Davidson Civic Investment Commission (DCIC): Sally Ashworth, VLN Executive Director