Town of Cornelius
Photo of Cornelius Town Hall Courtesy of Visit Lake Norman
Cornelius was established in 1905 and originated as a mill and farm community. Originally incorporated as ‘Liverpool', the town's name was changed to Cornelius to honor Joseph Benjamin Cornelius. When Lake Norman was formed, Cornelius added 54 miles of shoreline. Today, Cornelius is a laid-back town offering unique attractions, restaurants, lakeside parks and shopping.
Community Links & Events:
- Town of Cornelius Website
- Old Town Cornelius Website
- Visit Lake Norman's Events Calendar
- Cornelius' Event Calendar
- Cornelius Information Guide - You may also find helpful information in Cornelius' I information Guide, which contains descriptions of Town Departments, Commissions, Committees and more.
- Parks, Arts, Recreation and Culture (PARC) Department
- Visit Lake Norman's Sports Facility Guide - Lists Cornelius' Sports Event Facilities
- Cornelius Library - 21105 Catawba Avenue, 704-416-3800
- Cornelius Post Office - 20311 Chartwell Center Drive, 704-896-9800
Featured Travel Articles Courtesy of Visit Lake Norman:
- NC Spin TV, Carolina Community featuring Lake Norman (2009)
- NC Spin TV, Carolina Community featuring Cornelius (2008)
Cornelius Photo Gallery
Photos of the Cornelius area are available on this page for download. Photo credit MUST read Courtesy of Visit Lake Norman. If you need a high resolution image please email Travis Dancy, Director of Sales at email@example.com. Purchase fee may apply. For more photos of Lake Norman's landscapes, attractions, events, and more check out Visit Lake Norman's Photo Gallery or visit us on Visit Lake Norman's Facebook Page!
Town of Cornelius' Visit Lake Norman (VLN) Board of Directors Representation:
Commissioner Jim Duke; Alternate is Commissioner Woody Washam
Cornelius Advisory Boards & Commissions with Visit Lake Norman (VLN) Representation and/or Participation:
- Town of Cornelius PARC Advisory Board Commissioner - Member Seat: Travis Dancy, Director of Sales