To beat the heat, many people have been trying to find a way to cool down, and taking a dip at Ramsey Creek Park's swimming beach is a popular option. Now for those that like to know what to expect before going, we've compiled this guide to help. From FAQs to beach rules to all the park entrance fees, here's everything you need to know before heading to Ramsey Creek Park!
Address: 18441 Nantz Rd, Cornelius, NC 28031
Ramsey Creek Park is a 43-acre waterfront park that features the only swimming beach within our towns of Cornelius, Davidson, and Huntersville. They also have boat docks, an amazing playground that features ziplines, picnic shelters, nature trails, a sand volleyball court, horseshoe pit, enclosed dog park, and an ADA-compliant fishing pier.
For those that just want to enjoy the scenery, there are benches all around the park to sit back on and take in the view. Restrooms can be found near the beach. And to note, although the park is open year-round, the swim beach is only open Memorial Day until Labor Day. Weekday hours begin Wed, June 14th from noon-6pm (Wed-Sun). The beach will also be open on July 4th.
Park Admission Fees
During the beach access season, there are various fees based on whether you enter the park by foot or by car. Here's a breakdown of the fees and be sure to take note that the free shuttle is only available on holiday weekends.
Note: After Labor Day, the park is free to enter for everyone. And for all the dog owners, if you just want to bring your furry companion to release some energy and play with all the other good boys and girls at the dog park, it is free admission year-round.
Boat Launch Fees
If your boat is calling and you must go, Ramsey Creek Park has a boat launching area available from March 1-October 31. Fees are applied Fri-Sun and on holidays, or you can purchase a Boat Launch Season Pass:
Beach Rules & Etiquette
- Small personal coolers and water bottles permitted
- No food, drink, or trash shall be permitted within 10 feet of water
- Food and beverages may only be consumed in your personal seating area
- No climbing on Lifeguard Stands
- No swimming or hanging beyond yellow boundary float
- No diving headfirst into water
- Please refrain from throwing sand or rocks. No digging large, deep holes or mounds
- For your safety, Only U.S. coast Guard approved flotation devices are allowed
- Beach changing is strictly prohibited including young children and infants
- Diaper changing is prohibited
- Public nudity is not allowed in the park or beach (we know it's hot out, but it's not that hot)
The following items are prohibited in the beach area:
- Alcoholic beverages, illegal drugs, tobacco products
- Bicycles, inflatable toys, fireworks, open fires
- Amplified music - lifeguards may enforce this and request to relocate in the park
- Animals or pets (with exception of service animals)
- Glass containers
- Tents or pop-up structures
1. What are the park operating hours?
10:00am - 7:30pm
2. What are the beach operating hours?
*Weekends ONLY until June 14, 2023* Then Wed-Sun, noon-6pm from then on
3. Is parking available?
Yes, but once the park has reached its parking capacity, no more cars will be admitted until additional spaces become available. Visitors are prohibited from parking along Nantz Rd or any of the surrounding streets.
4. Where can I catch the free shuttle?
Northcross Park and Ride lot in Huntersville - 17126 Northcross Drive (only operates on holiday weekends)
5. Any personal grills allowed in the park?
Only at shelters 1, 2, and 3. Grilling is not permitted at shelters 4,5, and 6.
6. Is the beach ADA accessible?
Yes, they provide accessible restrooms, outdoor showers and an accessible sand wheelchair.
7. Is swimming or wading permitted outside of the beach area?
8. Are dogs allowed on the beach?
9. Are dogs allowed to swim in other areas?
Dogs can enter the water if they are on a leash. The owner must remain on land. Dogs must be on a leash at all times outside of the dog park.
10. Can I rent the beach for weddings or parties?
Patriot Pier (ADA-compliant)
Whether you want to wash your worries away at the beach, explore the wooded trails, or just sit and listen to the sound of waves crashing against the rocks, there's something for everyone. This is a beautiful park with a small artificial beach that will satisfy anyone's urge for a quick little beach trip. If you're interested in reserving a shelter or have any further questions, feel free to contact the park at (980) 314-1001. And don't forget to tag us in your photos @VisitLakeNorman for a chance to be featured on our Instagram!